Mediterranean Cous Cous
2 tsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 tsp ground Cumin
1/4 tsp Salt
3/4 cup water or vegetarian broth (I used the reserved liquid from the steamer when my kale was done cooking)
2/3 cup Cous Cous
2 Tbsp Parsley
2 Roma Tomatoes, seeded and cubed (um... if you don't have tomatoes handy, you can do what I did and throw in a few tablespooons of salsa!!!)
- Heat olive oil and add cumin. Stir for a few minutes, then add salt and broth (or water) and bring that to a boil. Remove from heat.
- Stir in the cous cous and cover the pot tightly. Let stand off any heat for 5 minutes.
- Remove cover and fluff cous cous with a fork.
- Add parsley, tomatoes (or salsa!) and a couple of squirts of lemon juice.
- Add some pine nuts... You can decide how crunchy you want it to be. I added lots because I enjoy lots of flavor and texture :)
Prep from start to finish: About 7 minutes. Nice and quick! Easy, too!