Friday, January 25, 2013

Arbonne- 30 Days to Feeling Fit

I'm starting a new "fitness project" in February with a friend of mine who is a consultant for Arbonne. There may be some other girls joining us, too. I call it a "fitness project" or maybe a "health project" because calling it a "diet" sounds weird. "I'm going on a diet." I've never used that phrase before and I don't plan to start now. But this system is supposed to be a good way to get rid of toxins from your body and from what I've read, after you've done this for the 30 days, you no longer crave some of the bad-for-you food that made you want to start this in the first place.

Oh, and ever since Halloween and especially Christmas, we've had a crap-ton of candy laying around the house. What to do with it to keep it from spoiling? ...Eat it, of course. Now that I've gone through a few bags of Hershey's kisses, some peppermint patties, and Dove little Promise chocolates, I'm actually pretty sick of chocolate. I don't think I'll miss it.

But cheese. I'm going to miss that. For the next few days until we start the "official" program, I'm going to try and get my fill of it!

So what's the program? You order this kit from Arbonne that comes with 2 giant bags of protein (mine came last night. The bags are HUGE), a bag of Fiber boost (also a big bag), some detoxing tea, energy-fizz sticks that I think you add to water, to give yourself a little boost during the day when you're feeling tired, and some other things that I  can't remember right now.

The main idea of the program, or at least the biggest change for me, is the smoothies. You have 2 a day, with the protein powder and fiber boost, which keeps you feeling full. Then a regular healthy dinner.

I had some protein powder from a previous Arbonne order, so I sort of pseudo-started the program a bit early by having a smoothie for breakfast every day this week. It's been interesting putting them together and soon enough I'll probably make a Pinboard of smoothie recipes. I can see how having them all the time is going to get old.

Oh, but to cut back on wastefulness, I did order some stainless steel drinking straws from Etsy! Looking forward to getting those.


But back to the smoothies. As of yet, I haven't gone shopping specifically for my smoothies, but that will probably change in a week when I start drinking 2 a day for my Arbonne 30 days to feeling fit. Not specific smoothie shopping = just using whatever we happen to have laying around. Luckily we keep a lot of fruit around, just because. Some of it I don't want to put into a smoothie- like mangoes- because they're so damn good on their own and I want to enjoy it by itself... you know?

In the next week, I will probably actually do some "meal planning" or, smoothie planning. I will go look for good deals or sales on fruit and buy some to freeze for my smoothies. That way the ones we have just laying around can either go into a smoothie or just be enjoyed on their own.

No comments: