No indulgent pictures of the pie from 54 different angles, and another 100 pics once the pie is cut open. Just the damn recipe.
1 yellow onion, diced
1 Russet Potato, diced
A splash of veggie broth
A handful or two of frozen or fresh peas
2 small heads of broccoli
Sprinkles of sharp cheddar cheese (maybe 1/3-1/2 cup total?)
1 cup of milk
3 tbsp flour
2 pie crusts
1. In a skillet, simmer the onion and potato in a splash of veggie broth until the onion is translucent, 5-10 mins.
2. While that's heating up, chop the florets of the broccoli from the stems, into about 1" pieces. Chop up some of the stem into small pieces, too. Steam the broccoli pieces until it's al dente, about 4 mins in the microwave.
3. Add a handful or two of peas to the onion and potato mixture, then add the broccoli and stir it together to incorporate.
4. Make the sauce: In a separate small sauce pan over medium heat, heat the milk (I used coconut milk) and whisk in the flour until it thickens- it won't take long. Be sure to whisk constantly. If it's not thickening or doesn't seem hot enough, increase the heat.
5. Place one of your pie crusts in the bottom of your pie dish.
6. Add half of the broccoli mixture into the pie pan, then sprinkle cheddar cheese in a thin layer on top of the mixture.
7. Add the sauce to the remaining broccoli mixture (or add the broccoli mixture to the sauce if the sauce pan is big enough!), mix it all up, then add all of that into the crust.
8. Add another thin layer of cheddar cheese on top of all of that.
9. Top with the remaining pie crust, pinch the edges together, and cut a few slits in the top for ventilation.
10. Cook for 20-30 minutes, until the top crust looks nice and done.